WESTERN OREGON --
- 5 horses killed, owners injured on I-5: A crash on Interstate 5, south of Cottage Grove left five horses dead and sent two people to the hospital.
- Eugene air quality reaches hazardous levels: Eugene reached what experts are called a 'hazardous' level and hospitals have seen an influx in patients with respiratory problems.
- Body found identified as missing woman Kendall Smith: Kendal Smith, 21, was last seen near the Hayden Bridge boat launch. Police said she was picnicking with a friend. That friend told police he walked away to their belongings when he heard her scream and fall into the water. Her body was found by a boater a few days later.
- Mother, daughter and foster child killed in Roseburg; teen arrested: A 16-year-old boy in Douglas County was arrested and charged in the murder of three family members. Court documents show a man returned home and found his wife, daughter, and foster daughter dead inside the home.
- Friends of Eugene teen killed on coast speak out: A Eugene teenager died on the coast in March. Police said Aurora Sheffel was playing on a log when a sneaker wave pinned her under it. Hundreds of people gathered to remember the 14-year-old cheerleader.
- Springfield teacher arrested for DUII: Police responded to a report of several intoxicated and disorder people inside the Cinemark 17 Theatre at the Shoppes at Gateway. They arrested Springfield teacher, Jennifer Crouch, after they said she got behind the wheel while drunk.
- Creswell High School principal and assistant principal resign: Andy Bracco and Jordan Osborn resigned following images circulating on social media. Bracco was photographed making inappropriate gestures with his middle fingers while sitting in his office. The second photo was of a text conversation of Osborn ridiculing students.
- Eugene teacher faces assault charges: Physical education teacher Ron Lampe was arrested at his home after an argument with his wife, according to police.
- 4 Victims in deadly Harrisburg plane crash identified: There were no survivors when a small plane crashed in Harrisburg. Officials said a pilot was hired to fly a California family to Eugene for a college scouting visit.
- Top 9 stories of 2017
- Six story redevelopment considered in downtown
- Fire crews investigate two story structure fire
- Robbery victim shares her traumatic story
- Walton stabbing victim shares story of survival
- Eugene doctor receives top honor
- Raevyn Rogers wins 2017 women's Bowerman Award
- Man shot near Eugene Albertson's shares his story
- Injured climber rescued from Broken Top mountain
- Abel earns another top freshman honor
Scroll for more content...