COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A motorcyclist is dead after a crash along the Cottage Grove Reservoir Monday.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office said the motorcyclist was headed north on London Road around noon when they lost control and crashed north of Williams Creek Loop.
Authorities said speed may have been a factor.
The motorcyclist was ejected from their bike and collided with a 2004 Honda Accord headed south on London Road. The driver of the Honda was uninjured.
After the crash, the road was closed for several hours as authorities worked to reconstruct the scene.
As of 10 a.m. Tuesday, the name of the motorcyclist has not been released.
- Motorcyclist killed in crash along Cottage Grove Reservoir
- Deputies identify motorcyclist killed in crash along Cottage Grove Reservoir
- Fatal crash along Cottage Grove Reservoir shuts down road
- Deputies shoot and kill Cottage Grove man
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove aquatic center reopens
- 13-year-old boy killed by pickup near Cottage Grove