EUGENE, Ore. -- New murals are popping up around downtown Eugene as part of the 20x21 EUG Mural Project.
The project is an initiative by the city of Eugene to add 20 outdoor murals between now and the 2021 International Association of Athletics Federations World Championships.
Artists from around the world are participating by painting murals.
Many are excited for the art to add to what’s already great about Eugene.
“It’s just great to have public art throughout our community,” said Debbie Williamson-Smith, director of communications for the project. “It makes our city look as vibrant as it is.”
Williamson-Smith said maps of the mural locations can be found by each mural and on the project’s website.
- Murals popping up around downtown Eugene
- Eugene mural project bringing the world together
- Downtown Eugene survey closes soon
- Eugene community looks to foster identity with mural and more
- Farmers Market opens Saturday in downtown Eugene
- Eugene considers new downtown dog restrictions
- Train kills pedestrian in downtown Eugene
- Eugene council approves downtown dog law
- Tougher smoking ban passes for downtown Eugene
- Downtown Eugene smoking ban takes effect Friday