ALOHA, Ore. – The suspect has been identified in a murder case involving a woman’s body that was found dismembered, decapitated and stuffed in suitcases in the trunk of a car.
Jeremiah Johnston, 35, is accused of killing Sara Zghoul, 28, according to The Oregonian. Her body was found in Aloha on Thursday, hours before Johnston was arrested.
He remains hospitalized after deputies said he attempted suicide before he was taken into custody.
The relationship between Zghoul and Johnston is not clear, but records show their families own homes a half-mile from each other in Aloha.
Johnston has not been formally charged in this case.
Court records show he had previously been convicted for identity theft, felon in possession of a firearm and drug possession.
- Murder suspect identified in Aloha dismemberment case
- Suspect in dismemberment killing pleads not guilty
- 18 people arrested in Aloha police sting
- Body found dismembered in suitcases in Aloha
- 12-year-old suspect in Creswell murder identified
- Murder victim identified
- Missing Aloha teen found dead in Portland park
- Parents sickened from Halloween candy laced with meth in Aloha
- 2 found dead at mobile home park in Aloha
- Southwest says aloha to Hawaii with expanded service