EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene police responded at 10:42 p.m. on Saturday to a report of a death at a home in the 4000 block of Avalon.
The Violent Crimes Unit is investigating the case. Police said there is no ongoing threat to the community at this time.
Neighbors told KEZI 9 News that they heard a gunshot and saw a body.
Another neighbor told KEZI he was returning home Saturday night when police arrived in the neighborhood and told him and his family to get inside for safety.
Some neighbors said they are shocked to hear about the investigation and others said they are not.
Those neighbors said the neighborhood has been declining over the years as new people move in.
We will continue to bring you the latest information on this investigation.
- Neighbors: Gunshot heard before Eugene death
- Police identify man who died from gunshot wounds in Eugene
- Neighbors remember pedestrian killed in Eugene
- Man hit at Eugene intersection neighbors call dangerous
- Neighbors shaken after 5th armed robbery reported in Eugene
- Eugene mobile home destroyed, neighbors jump into action
- Neighbors react to stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Neighbors react to violent assault in Eugene home
- Second amendment activists make their voices heard
- Suspicious death under investigation in Eugene