Photo Gallery 4 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Neighbors in north Eugene are reacting to a violent assault that took place inside a home on the 2500 block of Jeppesen Acres near Sheldon High School on Sunday.
Police said they first responded at 1:50 a.m. and said the two occupants of the home were transported to a local hospital for treatment. Their conditions are unknown at this time.
As of Monday afternoon, the Eugene Police Department was still on scene investigating with with their Mobile Incident Command Center and Forensic Evidence Unit.
Neighbor Heather Lefaive said there has been a lot of rumors floating around and hopes to hear answers soon.
"Everybody is a little on edge about the situation, not knowing what happened," Lefaive said. "Just the fact that the CSI vans are here a day and a half later, it's very eerie."
Another neighbor, who spoke to KEZI 9 News off camera, said the two people who lived in the home were a couple in their late 20s or early 30s. He said they rented the home and moved in a few months ago. He said police have been asking nearby residents if they had seen or heard anything but said he hadn't.
Lefaive said it's a quiet and safe neighborhood and is surprised no one heard anything.
"A lot of people actually work from home or are older, so there are always eyes in this neighborhood it seems like, and somehow this went undetected," Lefaive said.
At last check, police said there is no threat to the public. They are urging anyone with information to give them call at 541-682-5111 and reference case 18-17585.
- Neighbors react to violent assault in Eugene home
- Authorities serving search warrant related to violent Eugene assault
- Neighbors react to stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Eugene mobile home destroyed, neighbors jump into action
- Neighbors react to proposed LTD bus station
- Neighbors react to 2-week standoff in Roseburg
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Neighbors remember pedestrian killed in Eugene
- Neighbors: Gunshot heard before Eugene death