MARCOLA, Ore. -- According to dispatch records, around 9:30 p.m. Friday, police responded to an accident on the 93000 block on Marcola Road.
Those same records show that a deceased subject was at that scene.
Witnesses say they saw a single car that looks like it lost control completely wrecked on the road.
They also say that while it was tragic, they just want measures to be taken in order to prevent things like this from happening in the future.
Neighbors say they want speed reduction, lights, signs, anything that will prevent tragedies like this from happening on their road.
Long time residents say they heard about the accident that same evening, but have heard nothing from authorities, which is abnormal for the small town.
"Usually when something happens everybody knows about , but nobody seems to know anything about this wreck. It's odd," said one resident, Adam Conley.
Conley has lived in Marcola his whole life and works right off the road where the crash occurred and say he hears of accidents multiple times each month.
He also says that while Lane County Sheriff's Office does great work and try their very best, they don't always respond as quickly as they would like.
"I don't really think there's much that can be do," Conley said. "They've already tried putting rumble strips out towards town and that hasn't really seemed to stop accidents i don't know what could be done beyond that."
KEZI has reached out to LCSO for more information and will continue to update this story as we learn more.
- Neighbors speak out about crash in Marcola
- Trailer burns, explodes in Marcola
- Missing Marcola man found safe
- Oakridge woman killed in crash on Marcola Road
- Marcola teacher voices concern over new logo
- Crews contain brush fire off Marcola Road
- Police arrest Marcola woman in connection with two robberies
- Marcola Household Hazardous Waste Roundup set for Saturday
- Neighbors speak out after police pursuit
- Former 4J coach accused of theft resigns from Marcola School District