EUGENE, Ore. -- The University of Oregon is planning on building a new $45 million facility. The university announced their plans for a new 60,000-square-foot building in March.
The new facility will address the need for additional classrooms and faculty offices. They are currently in the process of deciding where this building is going to be located and have narrowed the site selection down to five potential locations.
The options include the area north of Dad’s Gate Station, the parking lot near Prince Lucian Campbell Hall, the current site of Collier House, McArthur Court and the south end of University Street west of Jane Sanders Stadium. If the site of Collier House is selected, the historic portion of the structure would be moved and not torn down.
Those five locations will be the focus of an open house which anyone can attend to voice their opinions.
Many students told KEZI 9 News they prefer the building to be located central to campus so it is easy to get to in between classes. They also said that this new building will be a great addition to campus and will help eliminate space constraints.
The open house is set for Tuesday, Aug. 7, in the lobby of the ERB Memorial Union from 4 to 5 p.m.
- University of Oregon plans to build new $45 million facility
- Oregon State University buys building for $19.8 million
- South Coast college builds new facility, 20 years in planning
- University of Oregon planning changes to Matthew Knight Arena
- OSU College of Forestry builds new facility
- Basketball player sues the University of Oregon
- Oregon State University professor will appeal termination
- Osprey lays eggs at University of Oregon
- University of Oregon holds 142nd commencement
- University of Oregon construction site flooded