EUGENE, Ore. -- A new automobile dealership is in the works for northeast Eugene.
Phil Speers, owner of Sheppard Motors in Eugene, has submitted planning documents to the city for an Audi Dealership. If approved, Audi Eugene would be located just west of Interstate 5 and south of N. Game Farm Road.
"Zoning, site plan, building plan, there is a whole series of of things we've got to work through over the course of the next few months," Speers said.
Speers said they have been working to get an Audi dealership for 15 years. He said they were selected by the German car company to become Eugene's franchise. The nearest Audi dealerships are in Wilsonville and Bend. Speers said there are more than 1,200 Audi owners in Lane County who have to travel hundreds of miles to get service at a dealership.
"We're going to keep working very diligently on it," Speers said. "It's been 15 years, so hopefully it doesn't take another 15 years."
Speers said the dealership will create between 30 and 60 well-paying jobs for mechanics, sales staff and more. The plans also call for public charging stations for electric vehicles.
- New Audi dealership planned for northeast Eugene
- Three vehicles stolen from Eugene dealership
- Vehicle catches fire near car dealerships in Eugene
- Police investigating burglary in northeast Eugene
- Ecological burns planned in Eugene
- City seeks input on new park in northeast Eugene
- Dealerships say the Vehicle Privilege Tax may cost customers more
- Renovation of historic car dealership moves forward on UO campus
- Eugene Ems introduce new inclusivity plan
- Eugene Planning Commission discusses potential housing development