EUGENE, Ore. -- A Family for Every Child hosted their third annual Heart of Country festival Sunday.
A Family for Every Child is a local nonprofit whose mission is to place every foster child with their forever home.
The festival had over 30 local vendors along with food and live country music for the community to come out and enjoy.
Charlene Savant, the organization's associate director says, yes, they want to raise money, but more than that, they are trying to raise awareness.
"Our community sponsors are priceless," said Savant. "They help us do what we need to do. They are out here for awareness, we are out here for awareness... there is a problem and we are trying to attack it from every way we can."
Local community groups with similar missions also showed up to support the cause.
Dreamer with Biker's Against Child Abuse said it's easy for them to show their support for such a good cause.
"It is about empowering children so they will not be afraid in their world and so what we do is we help them to overcome that fear by bringing them into our family," she said.
Savant says even though this is the first year they have hosted the festival in a larger space, the community sponsors are already looking forward to next year.
A Family for Every Child provides multiple services and they are all free. For more information head to their website here.
- Nonprofit hosts Heart of Country festival to raise community awareness
- Nonprofit sets $10,000 goal for Heart of Country fundraiser
- Willamette Country Music Festival permit revoked
- Local nonprofit hosts New Year's Eve fundraiser for youth
- Nonprofit hosts boating event for people with disabilities
- Eugene nonprofit hosts event to showcase rescue horses
- Eugene hosts world largest mushroom festival
- Eugene hosts 3rd annual Willamette River Festival
- Country music fans enjoy festival's final year in Brownsville
- Country music festival vendors say they haven't been paid