PORTLAND, Ore. – The Oregon Department of Transportation is considering putting tolls on freeways in the Portland area.
The proposed tolls would be on I-5 from the Washington border to the I-205 junction. They would also be on I-205 from the state line down to the same spot.
The tolls could come in several forms, like paying to drive in a certain lane or paying to drive at rush hour times.
ODOT is holding meeting through next June to talk about the proposal.
If tolls do happen, ODOT officials said they are still at least a couple years away.
- ODOT considering tolls on freeways in Portland
- ODOT reopens parts of Columbia River Highway
- ODOT makes improvements to Highway 34
- ODOT tips for winter weather driving
- ODOT holds open house on Beltline projects
- ODOT seeking feedback on Amtrak project
- ODOT closes Highway 34 near Corvallis
- ODOT moves closure point for Highway 34
- ODOT reopens multiple lanes on Highway 34