EUGENE, Ore. -- Police have released the names of the drivers and bicyclist involved in Thursday night’s crash on the north bank of the McKenzie River that left the bicyclist in the hospital.
Troopers said Tevah Donith, 36, of Eugene was driving westbound on McKenzie View Drive in a 2009 Honda Civic. Donith overtook and impacted with the cyclist, Jeffery Allan Sakacsi, 48, of Springfield, who was also traveling westbound, according to Oregon State Police.
They said Sakacsi was thrown to the roadway and struck by a second vehicle, a 2005 Chrysler Cruze. Megan Berry, 33, of Eugene was driving the second vehicle.
The bicyclist suffered what one witness described as a “massive head wound.”
Sakacsi was transported to Sacred Heart hospital at River Bend with life-threatening injuries. He remains in serious condition.
OSP was assisted by the Lane County Sheriff’s Office and Eugene Springfield Fire. The investigation is ongoing.
- OSP identifies drivers, bicyclist in crash north of Springfield
- OSP identifies drivers, passenger in fatal Hwy. 99 crash
- Driver and bicyclist injured in crash following medical emergency
- Bicyclist recovering after riding into driver's path
- UPDATE: Rider identified in Springfield motorcycle crash
- UPDATE: OSP identifies drivers in head-on collision near Junction City
- Driver dies in crash in Springfield
- Bicyclist hospitalized after being hit by SUV in Springfield
- Rocks thrown at drivers in rural Lane County, OSP says