Corvallis, Ore. -- "We had a game. And we all turned on the thing and we all like cheered in the dugout especially when Abel got that last strikeout to end the game, pitch the whole game, that was awesome," Caden McGowan told KEZI 9 Sports. The reaction: "Wait were you watching this game in the middle of your own game?"
The young OSU fan's answer was simple.
"Yup in our dugout while it was going on. We had to watch it."
It's that kind of dedicated fan...near and far...that came to Corvallis to welcome back the 2018 NCAA baseball champion Beavers.
"Excited, said Arleen Cox, whose daughter graduated from Oregon State this Spring. "Really excited to be here."
"There's lots of people here and lots of orange," Kael Compton described.
As you made your way through the thousands of fans at Goss Stadium Friday, you found all ages, all walks of life, with one thing in common: Oregon State baseball."
"It's incredible," Marcus Talmadge, the father of two young Beaver fans, said. "And just to have this opportunity to show my kids, hey, if you never give up, you keep going, you can still have success, you can still make your dreams happen."
A similar sentiment was echoed a little further down the standing room only section by a man around half Talmadge's age.
"Seeing these guys go big, go to the world series, and I remember being out here meeting Jacoby Ellsbury and all these guys that got to play for the Beavers a lot of them look up to this," recent OSU graduate Keet Dailey says. "So it's really awesome to see it coming full circle."
And from a young Beaver fan himself, Owen Sahnow: "It's really awesome to live in this town and be a part of baseball here."
As for the fan favorites...
"I like Steven Kwan and Cadyn Grenier." "Adley Rutschman." "Rutsch." "Kevin Abel." "Adley."
All pretty accceptable answers
- OSU Fans Pack Goss Stadium for Beavs on Parade
- Beavs bounce back against Cal
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs suffer road losses
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks sweep doubleheader
- Fans can expect changes at Autzen Stadium Saturday
- Oregon fans react to new Autzen stadium rules Saturday
- Jonathan Smith's introduced to OSU fans in Corvallis
- OSU fan punished for directing derogatory comments toward USC player
- OSU baseball fans cheer team on from Corvallis
- Gary Andersen out as Beavs head football coach