CORVALLIS, Ore. – Oregon State University’s athletic department has suspended its sponsor relationship with Papa John’s Pizza.
This comes after derogatory comments made by John Schnatter, the company’s founder and chairman, including using the n-word during a conference call in May.
Oregon State Vice President and Director of Athletics Scott Barnes said Schnatter’s comments are not reflective of the university’s values and the inclusive environment the school strives to offer.
Schnatter apologized for using the racial slur and announced his decision to step down last week.
- OSU cuts ties with Papa John’s Pizza
- 100 pizzas and counting: German police probe pizza stalker
- Papa's Soul Food Kitchen closing soon
- Construction resumes on OSU facility
- OSU falls short against Stanford
- Pizza delivery car goes up in flames
- Police seek suspects in pizza delivery robberies
- Pizza Hut is changing its pan pizzas for the first time in 40 years
- Special Report: Seismic Cuts
- PeaceHealth cutting 50 jobs