Corvallis, OR. -- Oregon State women's basketball survives and advances after an overtime win over Boise State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, 80-75.
The Beavers were outscored 19-9 in the third quarter giving the the Broncos the lead.
Down two in the final seconds, OSUs Mikayla Pivec forced a jump ball to give the Beavers possession. Oregon State's Katie McWilliams hit a pair of free throws to force overtime after being fouled on the play.
"Free throws can win games for sure," McWilliams said. "We definitely hit those free throws when we needed to down the stretch."
Oregon State went 10-10 from the foul line in the overtime after missing 11 in regulation.
The Beavers then outscored the Broncos in the overtime, 14-9.
Oregon State also received a great performance from guard Mikayla Pivec. Pivec recorded 20 points to go along with 12 rebounds and five assists.
OSU guard Aleah Goodman added 20 points shooting 6-9 from the floor and 3-6 from three-point range. Goodman also hit a big three with the shot clock winding down to keep the Beavers close in the fourth quarter.
"It's March," Goodman said. "There's going to be big shots all over the place. You can't really get to comfortable."
OSU outrebounded the Broncos, 50-33. The Beavers also dominated inside outscoring BSU in the paint, 44-10.
Oregon State will take on five-seed Gonzaga on Monday at Gill Coliseum. The winner will go to the Sweet 16 in Albany, NY.
- OSU escapes upset, defeats Boise St.
- PHOTO GALLERY: Oregon defeats Boise State 66-54
- OSU upsets No. 24 Arizona
- Oregon State ready to take on Boise St.
- Mathis scores career-high 30, Oregon tops Boise St.
- Hoops Roundup: Oregon defeats Arizona, OSU falls to ASU
- Oregon St. defeats Ducks, sweeps Civil War
- Oregon escapes Washington St. in final seconds
- Boise teen arrested after high-speed chase near La Grande
- Ducks hoops set for home-and-home with Boise State