CORVALLIS, Ore. -- A Jet Toner field goal with one second remaining gave Stanford the win over Oregon State, 31-28.
OSU running back Artavis Pierce scored a game-tying touchdown with 1:55 to play. It was one of two touchdowns Pierce had on the night. He also ran for 141 yards.
Stanford started the game with 21 unanswered points on three separate touchdown passes from backup QB Davis Mills, who filled in for the ailing KJ Costello.
The Beavers finally got on the scoreboard in the second half with an 11-yard touchdown reception by Isaiah Hodgins.
Hodgins was a bright spot for the Beavers with 10 catches for 162 yards with a touchdown.
Despite being sacked four times, OSU Quarterback Jake Luton went 27-39 for 337 yards and a touchdown.
Oregon State falls to 1-3 on the season and 0-1 in Pac-12 play. The Beavers will hit the road to take on UCLA at 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 5.
- OSU falls short against Stanford
- OSU eliminated from postseason, falls to Creighton
- OSU holds first day of fall camp
- OSU reflects on first fall scrimmage
- NCU women's rally falls short against SOU
- Hazelnut harvest falls short of expectations
- OSU comes up short on the road at no. 17 Arizona
- OSU suffers third loss in four games, falls to UW
- Softball Roundup: OSU victorious, Ducks fall on senior day
- Offensive progression showing on day two of OSU fall camp