Corvallis, OR -- A back-and-forth game didn't go Oregon State's way as the Beavers drop their first game of the College Baseball World Series, 7-6.
Oregon State tied the game in the bottom of the 8th on a Zak Taylor two-RBI single.
The Bearcats answered with a go-ahead RBI double from A.J. Bumpass in the ninth inning. Bumpass went 5-5 on the night.
Bryce Fehmel went 5.0 innings allowing four runs in the start for the Beavers.
The OSU bullpen allowed three runs over the final three innings of work.
Cincinnati received a solid outing from starter Clayton Colvin who threw 6.0 innings while giving up just two runs.
Tyler Malone and Kyler McMahan both hit their first home runs of the season in the losing effort.
The Beavers now fall to the loser bracket of the regional and will face Creighton in an elimination game at 1 p.m. Saturday at Goss Stadium.
- OSU opens regional play with loss to Cincinnati
- OSU baseball to host Cincinnati in postseason opener
- OSU faces Marist after loss to LBSU
- Web Extra: Adley Rutschman After OSU Loss to Arkansas (6/26/18)
- Web Extra: Nick Madrigal On OSU Loss to Arkansas (6/26/18)
- Web Extra: Cadyn Grenier Following OSU Loss to Arkansas (6/26/18)
- OSU suffers third loss in four games, falls to UW
- OSU opens nation's largest hemp research center
- Construction resumes on OSU facility
- OSU falls short against Stanford