EUGENE, Ore. -- Oakway Fitness announced Friday they are merging ownership with Village Fitness Sports, and the change could have an impact on your gym membership.
If you upgrade your current membership, you will have access to other Village Fitness Sports gyms as well, located on West 11th Avenue in Eugene and Pheasant Street in Springfield.
These gyms have more classes, equipment and opportunities for members to choose from, according to Oakway Fitness owner Kris Christensen.
Rates will be increasing for all types of memberships. To determine how much your rate will be going up, Christensen said to subtract your current monthly rate from $59.95.
"Compared to other gyms and stuff, it’s really affordable. I feel like it’s going to be affordable for everyone, even though they are increasing a little bit. It’s still a good price range,” member Nargis Safi said.
Classes will be available to ages 3 and up. That way families are able to work out together.
Some of thefeatures the two new locations offer include saunas, indoor and outdoor pools, lounge chairs, barbeque, beer and wine.
Christensen said the decision to merge was a no-brainer because their current gym is running out of space and classes fill up easily.
- Oakway Fitness merger increasing rates, opportunities
- Oakway Fitness will get rid of gender separate workout rooms
- Oh, deer! Live reindeer greet shoppers at Oakway Center
- Customers push back on EPUD rate increases
- Holt International announces merger with Seattle agency
- Parents hope 4J work session addresses school merger fears
- Web Extra: Jonathan Smith on missed opportunities
- Oregon Connections Academy students explore CTE opportunities
- Fitness technology could detect diseases
- New defensive coaches fitting in