EUGENE, Ore. -- When daylight saving time ends, many people look forward to an extra hour of sleep.
However, this is not the case for everyone, like Eugene resident Ellen Bridges.
"It's a nice thought that we are going to get an extra hour of sleep, but personally, I'd like them to just keep it at this time frame," Bridges said. "I think that when we wake up and it's always dark and we come home and it's always dark. It's kind of gloomy."
The gloom isn't her only concern.
"I drive across town three times a week and I'm driving at 7:15 in the morning and it's dark so yeah, I really think it would be nice if it just stayed at this time."
Lieutenant Tressa Miller with Lane Fire Authority said increased darkness also means increased danger on the road.
"The days are getting shorter," Miller said. "There's a lot more darkness out there. Make sure one, your vehicles in good working order, your windshield wipers are in proper order your headlights illuminate appropriately, and that you've got good tires for the weather out there."
In addition to being vigilant on the road, Miller stresses the importance of being aware in your own home.
"We encourage people to check their smoke detectors every month, but especially as we change our clocks back," Miller said. "Reach up there, push the test button, make sure that smoke alarm is working. That's there to save your life. It's something extremely simple. If it doesn't work, get a new one."
- Official: End of daylight saving time means increased driving danger
- Lawmaker seeks to end daylight saving time in Oregon
- Fire officials impose restrictions after increased fire danger
- Trump is cool with making Daylight Saving Time permanent but Congress needs to OK
- Gov. Kate Brown says 'hell yes' to permanent daylight saving time
- Police warn teens about driving dangers
- Dangerous driving conditions on Santiam Pass
- Heavy snowfall causes dangerous driving conditions in Eugene
- Springfield police use Narcan for first time, save inmate's life
- Springfield Police Chief: End of ICE contract official