UPDATE: Eugene police arrested Irick Thursday night.
EUGENE, Ore. -- State police say they're searching for a psychiatric patient who escaped the Junction City hospital while on a group field trip.
Officials say Troy Irick, 35, was in Eugene attending a group activity at the Laurel Hill Center, 2145 Centennial Plaza, when he left to use the restroom and never returned.
Irick is not considered an "imminent" danger to himself or others, officials said.
He was sent to the state hospital from Coos County in September 2017 after being found guilty except for insanity for unlawful use of a weapon and menacing.
Irick is said to be 5'7", 156 lbs., with short brown hair, brown beard, and blue eyes.
If you see him, you are asked to call 911.
- Patient who escaped state hospital arrested in Eugene
- Two escape house fire in Eugene
- Motorcyclist escapes serious injuries after Eugene crash
- Eugene man hospitalized after stabbing
- Florence hospital patient dies while in police custody
- Three patients die after receiving excessive pain medicine, hospital says
- Mental health hospital worker accused of patient sex abuse
- Three sent to hospital after Eugene crash
- Eugene officers hospitalized after fight with suspect
- Couple that escaped Eugene mobile home fire speaks out