UPDATE: Crash investigators say alcohol may have played a factor in the crash.
EUGENE, Ore -- Oregon State Police and Lane County Sheriff's Office were called to scene of fiery crash.
The initial 911 call came in around 2 a.m. Tuesday for a vehicle on fire near Dillard Road and Brightstar Lane. The vehicle ended up in a ditch, several feet off Dillard Road. The car is mangled and burned. Fire crews had to cut through the car to recover the body.
OSP confirms one person is dead. Medics rushed another to person to the hosptial with burns. No word on the victim's condition.
Dillard Road remains closed as OSP investigators reconstructs the crash. Drivers in the area are urged to take Highway 99 to Eugene as an alternate route.
Stay with KEZI 9 News for updates and traffic alerts.
- One dead, one injured in fiery crash
- Fiery crash sends one man to hospital
- Four killed in fiery head-on crash near Yoncalla
- Four killed in fiery crash: "It was horrific."
- Fiery motorcycle crash causes big backup on I-5
- Police identify Salem couple killed in fiery crash
- Fiery crash kills 2 in Oregon, closes highway
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in Tenmile
- 1 dead, 1 injured in crash on Hwy 42
- Corvallis man dead, 2 injured after crash near Junction City