Photo Gallery 2 Images
COOS COUNTY, Ore. -- Oregon State Police are investigating a deadly crash in Coos County and they said alcohol may have been a factor.
It happened on Highway 42 near milepost 22 around 5:45 p.m. Thursday.
Troopers said a Nissan Frontier driven by 22-year-old Garrison Demain of Coquille, crossed the center line and crashed into a Ford Escape.
They said the passenger of the Ford, Daniel McCutheon of Coos Bay, died at the scene. He was 51. The driver, Kathy Herbert of Myrtle Point, was taken to a hospital and then transferred to OHSU. A YouCaring account has been set up to help pay for Herbert's medical expenses.
Demain was also taken to the hospital.
Speed, alcohol, and reckless driving are being investigated as possible factors in the crash.
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Coos Bay couple killed in house fire
- UPDATE: Highway 101 reopens after fatal crash in Coos County
- Coos County deputy crashes into car near Coquille
- One person killed in car crash
- Police investigating Coos County inmate's death
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Coos Bay man killed, grandson held as suspect
- Man seriously injured in three-vehicle crash near Coos Bay