EUGENE, Ore. -- Police identified the young man who was killed in a shooting near the University of Oregon campus as Alex Oyombe Gradin.
Gradin was a student at Lane Community College and was just 21 years old.
Police responded to 13th and Kincaid around 1:45 a.m. Saturday and found Gradin on the ground with a life-threatening injury from a gunshot wound. Police said Gradin died at the scene.
Police said the incident happened in the parking lot right behind Taylor's Bar and Grill in a university-owned parking lot.
Early Saturday morning, the University of Oregon sent out an alert to students warning them to avoid the area due to reports of an armed suspect.
Police are asking rideshare vehicles or taxis that may have in-vehicle video or tips in this case to contact them at 541-682-5111.
Police said no arrests have been made at this time.
- Shooting victim identified as LCC student
- LCC celebrates National Apprenticeship Week
- Victims identified in Eugene shooting spree
- Murder victim identified
- LCC student arrested for exposing himself at drive-through
- Students & faculty rally at LCC for school funding
- High school students explore careers at LCC event
- Couple enters guilty pleas in death of LCC student
- Portland couple sentenced in the murder of LCC student
- LCC Board member accused of sex abuse