San Antonio, Tex. -- Aliyah Boston scored 19 points and top seed South Carolina dominated after a close first quarter to beat eighth-seeded Oregon State 59-42 in the women's NCAA Tournament, advancing to its seventh straight Sweet 16. The Gamecocks led by a point after one quarter but had built a 12-point lead by halftime and were up 53-29 by the start of the fourth. South Carolina, the 2017 national champion, improved to 8-1 in the second round under coach Dawn Staley and will appear in the regional semifinals for the 11th time overall. Taylor Jones scored 13 points for Oregon State, which ended a streak of four straight Sweet 16 appearances.
The Beavers 2021 season ends in the NCAA Round of 32.
Posted: Mar 23, 2021 6:28 PM
- Oregon State falls to South Carolina in NCAA Tournament
- Oregon bests Wisconsin, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Oregon men's hoops falls to North Carolina
- Beavers fall in final seconds, eliminated from NCAA Tournament
- NCAA Tournament seedings announced for Oregon and Oregon State women's basketball
- Web Extra: Oregon volleyball recaps NCAA tournament first round win
- Oregon to face Wisconsin in the NCAA Tournament
- Oregon State men's basketball advances to second round of NCAA Tournament
- NCAA limiting attendance at basketball tournaments
- Oregon baseball to host NCAA regional
Scroll for more content...