EUGENE, Ore. -- An Oregon woman is one of more than 60 coronavirus victims quarantined on a cruise ship off the Japanese coast, according to the Oregonian.
Rebecca Frasure, 35, is from Forest Grove, which is 30 minutes outside of Portland.
The Oregonian said a Japanese health official told Frasure that she tested positive for coronavirus and her husband tested negative. She will stay at a hospital for at least three days. If she gets better, Frasure said she will be taken back to the cruise ship to wait out the rest of the 14-day quarantine. Otherwise, she will stay in the hospital.
According to a message from the cruise company to its passengers, a person infected with the coronavirus boarded the ship with 2,700 passengers and 1,045 crew members in Japan on Jan. 20. The ship had traveled to southern Japan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Taiwan and Okinawa.
- Oregon woman infected with coronavirus
- Increase in Oregon HIV cases linked to infected needles
- Oregon sees third coronavirus case
- Oregon coronavirus count nears 200
- Death toll from Wuhan coronavirus tops 100 as infection rate accelerates
- Quarantine: How to isolate you or your family due to possible coronavirus infection
- Second presumptive case of coronavirus in Oregon
- Four new Oregon coronavirus cases confirmed
- Officials announce first coronavirus death in Oregon
- Coronavirus in Oregon: 75 cases; three deaths