PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say a couple awoke to find a burglar asleep on their bedroom floor.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office says the couple escorted the man out Wednesday morning before realizing that wallets, cell phones and a tablet computer were missing. Deputies, aided by the Find My iPhone app, found a 64-year-old suspect hiding under the porch of a nearby home.
Ervin Solomon has been charged with burglary, theft and felon in possession of a restricted weapon.
In addition to the items taken from the couple, the sheriff's office says Solomon had jewelry and other items. Deputies are trying to find the owners of that property.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed)
- Oregon couple finds burglar asleep on bedroom floor
- Police shoot Amity man suspected of sneaking into bedroom
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Police seek public's help to find missing couple, possibly suicidal
- Survey finds homelessness rising in southern Oregon
- Couple found dead at Oregon home; no outstanding suspects
- Oregon man sentenced for intimidation of Muslim couple
- Couple who immigrated from China killed on Oregon Coast
- Couple pranks package thieves
- Former janitor accused of burglarizing two schools