EUGENE, Ore. -- The Oregon men's basketball team is set to take on the Utah Utes Thursday, January 31st, and the Colorado Buffs Saturday, February 2nd.
The Ducks find themselves sitting at 3-4 in Pac-12 conference play ahead of this week's match-up. The Utah Utes come into the game on a 4 game win streak, and currently sit at 3rd in the conference standings. With just over six weeks remaining until the Pac-12 tournament in Las Vegas, Nevada, a win over this Utah team would be a quality win in the eye of bracketologist.
Oregon forward, Paul White said "Not to discredit any of the other teams, they're very talented, they're very good. But we know that if we want to actually make a run for March this is where it needs to start now."
Head coach Dana Altman said to come out of that game with a win the team will need to channel an effort on the defensive end similar to their second half against Washington State where the Ducks held the Cougars to 19 points.
"We're going to need to play well, but you're right. We can't give them easy baskets cause they're going to score enough on their own. our attention to detail on the defensive end has to be a lot better than where it's been."
Oregon did not speak much on their game against the Buffs, but expect that game to be a challenge as well. The Ducks have only won one game on the road through conference play, while Colorado has shown success defending home court going 7-1 in Boulder this season.
- Oregon looks to get above .500 in the Rockies
- Oregon law enforcement career fair looks to fill 500 vacancies
- 500 people exposed to measles in Portland
- 12 Oregon senators to be fined $500 per day after walkout
- Deputies Seize Nearly 500 Plants at Klamath County Illegal Grow Site
- Store owner offers $500 reward to find rock thrower in Lane County
- Oregon Drop Box Locator
- Oregon primary election results
- Oregon bans offshore drilling
- Oregon 2019 Media Day