KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) - Police arrested a Klamath Falls man accused of slashing another man in the neck and face.
The Herald and News reports the 22-year-old victim sought treatment at Sky Lakes Medical Center, where he told investigators Sunday that William Newell cut him multiple times after threatening to kill him.
Newell had sustained injuries of his own by the time officers found him Sunday. He said he had been assaulted at a bar.
The 27-year-old Newell has been charged with attempted murder and unlawful use of a weapon. He was assigned a public defender at a court appearance Monday and is due back in court next week.
He was ordered held on $100,000 bail.
- Oregon man accused of slashing another man in face, neck
- Man accused in Eugene slashing makes first court appearance
- Police identify man arrested in slashing
- Arizona woman accused of killing Oregon man
- Slash burns planned near Tiller
- Oregon man facing animal abuse charge for riding deer
- Man deported from Indonesia will face federal charges in Oregon
- Man faces sex abuse charges, accused of abusing 2 teens
- Man accused of shooting roommate in the face
- Witnesses speak out after alleged slashing