HARNEY COUNTY, Ore. -- A Harney County man is facing multiple charges after a video surfaced allegedly showing the young man riding on the back of a mule deer.
In a news release, Oregon State Police said they received information from the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife about the video.
"Throughout the video, the mule deer buck can be heard grunting and/or bleating and after escaping the rider, the buck jumped into a linked fence, multiple times, attempting to escape the enclosure," police said.
OSP identified the primary suspect in the video as Jacob Belcher, 18, of Riley. Police said Belcher was found and interviewed on a rural ranch in Harney County.
Belcher is now facing charges of wildlife harassment and second-degree animal abuse.
The man who filmed the incident was also interviewed by police and could face charges of aiding in a wildlife offense.
Police said the deer trapped itself in a fenced feeding enclosure before the alleged incident.
The deer was eventually freed and there is no word on its condition.
You can report suspcious activity outdoors to the Oregon State Police tip hotline at 1-800-452-7888.
- Oregon man facing animal abuse charge for riding deer
- Man faces aggravated animal abuse charges in Cottage Grove
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Man faces sex abuse charges, accused of abusing 2 teens
- Man arrested for DUII, animal abuse
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Man deported from Indonesia will face federal charges in Oregon
- Man sentenced for sexually abusing Oregon girl
- Oregon's child welfare agency faces lawsuit over boy's abuse