PORTLAND, Ore. – The number of new COVID-19 cases in the state has dipped below 1,000 on Monday for the first time in nearly a month.
Oregon Health Authority reported 846 new confirmed and presumptive cases. Since the start of the pandemic, Oregon has seen almost 104,000 cases.
The last time the state's daily case count was below 1,000 was Nov. 27, and today marks just the fifth day below 1,000 since the first time Oregon passed that threshold on Nov. 12.
Today’s new cases include: Baker (1), Benton (7), Clackamas (114), Clatsop (3), Columbia (11), Coos (5), Crook (4), Curry (3), Deschutes (39), Douglas (27), Harney (3), Hood River (10), Jackson (41), Jefferson (26), Josephine (32), Lane (26), Lincoln (4), Linn (29), Malheur (4), Marion (69), Morrow (1), Multnomah (212), Polk (10), Tillamook (4), Umatilla (23), Union (1), Wasco (11), Washington (108), Yamhill (18).
The number of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 is 528, two fewer than Sunday. There are 121 COVID-19 patients in intensive care units.
With six newly reported deaths, the toll has risen to 1,347.
- Oregon’s 1,342nd COVID-19 death is a 58-year-old man in Deschutes County who tested positive on Dec. 14 and died on Dec. 19 at St. Charles Medical Center—Bend. He had underlying conditions.
- Oregon’s 1,343rd COVID-19 death is a 90-year-old woman in Douglas County who tested positive on Nov. 21 and died on Dec. 18 at her residence. Presence of underlying conditions are being confirmed.
- Oregon’s 1,344th COVID-19 death is a 78-year-old woman in Hood River County who tested positive on Dec. 6 and died on Dec. 20 at her residence. She had underlying conditions.
- Oregon’s 1,345th COVID-19 death is a 74-year-old man in Jackson County who tested positive on Nov. 10 and died on Dec. 18 at Rogue Valley Medical Center. He had underlying conditions.
- Oregon’s 1,346th COVID-19 death is a 60-year-old man in Jackson County who tested positive on Nov. 27 and died on Dec. 14 at his residence. He had underlying conditions.
- Oregon’s 1,347th COVID-19 death is a 96-year-old woman in Lane County who tested positive on Dec. 11 and died on Dec. 16 at her residence. She had underlying conditions.