LOS ANGELES, Cal. - Stephen Houk is a wanted sex offender in Marion County, Oregon. Tuesday, law enforcement officers said he was in the Los Angeles area leading them on a dangerous chase.
The chase ended in an almond orchard. When the dust cloud settled, the authorities moved in. When they arrived however, Houk was nowhere to be found. They did find two young children inside, unharmed, who were identified as Houk's children.
Law enforcement reported Houk is wanted for child abduction and weapons violations. According to court documents in Oregon, Houk was convicted of sodomy in 2002. He's currently listed as a wanted offender on Marion County Oregon's website.
Video from the RV chase was provided from KEZI 9 News' sister station 23ABC News in Bakersfield, California.
WEB EXTRA: You can view Stephen Houk's sodomy case timeline below.
- Oregon sex offender in RV leads law enforcement on dangerous chase
- U.S. Marshals Service targets sex offenders in Oregon
- Gas theft suspect leads deputies on dangerous car chase
- Deputies: Predatory sex offender back in custody
- Community members concerned after sex offender released
- Klamath Falls detectives arrest Texas sex offenders
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- Oregon law enforcement career fair looks to fill 500 vacancies
- Authorities warn of sex offender released back into the public
- Salem sex offender gets 5 years in prison