EUGENE, Ore. -- Annie Roes owns Urban Vapors in Eugene and she says while this ban may close her doors, they're not going down without a fight.
"We're going to fight it as hard as we can," said Roes. "I mean we're not fighting to keep our doors open for the money we're fighting to get our original message across which is to get people off deadly cigarettes."
She says that since she opened shop she has developed a customer base of over 15,000 people, most who have successfully weened themselves off of cigarettes.
Since the ban, Roes says she and her staff have been tweeting and writing Governor Kate Brown, urging her to reconsider calling this ban a total double standard.
She says it's a fight that has just begun and they don't plan on stopping any time soon.
"The ban - as appalled as I am that it's gonna hurt my family that we've built i'm more upset that it's turning people back to cigarettes," she said.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, smoking in adults has decreased around 6 percent from 2005 to 2015 in America.
They also report that even though over 1000 people have developed lung injuries or illnesses linked to vaping that most of those patients report using THC vaping devices.
"I'd like to pose the question to her, to Kate bBown," she said. "Why can I go down the street and buy marshmallow vodka right now when 5,000 underage people a year die from teen drinking and not one has died from the stuff that we sell?"
The Oregon Health Authority and OLCC will be meeting this week to discuss the plan to implement this ban.
- Owners fight back after vaping ban threatens business
- Property owners mull Eugene smoking ban participation
- Business owners & residents concerned about illegal camping
- Businesses owners thrilled with new parking meters
- Spirit Airlines passenger banned for life after vaping on flight
- Oregon could consider banning vape sales for 6 months
- Gov. Brown orders temporary ban on some vaping products
- Ban on sale of flavored vaping products begins Tuesday
- Court issues temporary stay on flavored vaping ban in Oregon
- Court blocks flavored cannabis vape ban in Oregon