SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- PacificSource announced plans Thursday to purchase the Symantec building in Springfield.
PacificSource Health Plans said the purchase is scheduled to close in October. The company has staff based in two Lane County locations and will relocate all of them to the former Symantec building, 555 International Way, in 2019.
“We hope that this expansion to the Symantec building helps demonstrate our 85 years of ongoing commitment to Lane County, where the majority of our staff continues to live and work,” said Ken Provencher, president and CEO of PacificSource.
Provencher said the Symantec building is larger than their current Eugene and Springfield offices combined.
“That means our new location will comfortably accommodate our current staff levels now and as we continue to grow and employ more people from the local community in the future,” Provencher said.
PacificSource said they currently employ about 1,000 people throughout the Northwest with more than 500 full and part-time staff in Lane County.
Symantec will lease approximately 40,000 square feet of space from PacificSource and is expected to continue to have operations in the building for several years.
- PacificSource to buy Symantec building in Springfield
- End of an era: PacificSource buying Symantec building
- Nonprofit looking to buy Springfield restaurant
- Springfield students build Morse code signalers
- Fire breaks out at building in Springfield
- Springfield hopes to build new library
- Oregon State University buys building for $19.8 million
- Developer buys county land in Sutherlin, plans to build resort
- Skate World building in Springfield to be resurrected as church