SEVERE WX : High Wind Warning - High Surf Warning View Alerts

Parents concerned about carbon monoxide exposure at school

Students at an elementary school on the Oregon Coast went to the emergency room to have their blood levels tested for carbon monoxide exposure.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 11:26 AM

WALDPORT, Ore. (AP) -- Students at an elementary school on the Oregon Coast went to the emergency room to have their blood levels tested for carbon monoxide exposure.

KATU reports that the Lincoln County School District superintendent announced Tuesday afternoon that classes at the Crestview Heights Elementary school in Waldport, Oregon, would be canceled Wednesday, and that the school would shut off the diesel boilers for three to four weeks to find out if it's the source. The district said students went to the hospital on Tuesday.

Lincoln County Public Health officials confirmed they are aware of an issue at the school.

Sarah Riege's two daughters go to Crestview Heights. She took both daughters to a Newport hospital Tuesday. She said her oldest daughter had carbon monoxide poisoning and was given oxygen.

Eugene
Mostly Cloudy
52° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 52°
Corvallis
Cloudy
51° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 51°
Roseburg
Partly Cloudy
52° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 52°
North Bend
Mostly Cloudy
56° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 56°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events