SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A major health care organization is closing its midwife birthing center this summer.
PeaceHealth's Family Birth Center will be closing in August. The center is where the certified nurse midwifery practice is, but this summer services will move to Riverbend Hospital a short distance away.
Spokeswoman Marcy Marshall said only about 50 deliveries happen at the center a year and that's not enough. Marshall said the move also gives their patients access to a high level of expertise and technology, should the need arise.
"When this transition occurs, whatever it may look like, we will make it as seamless as possible -- not just for the caregivers and staff, but especially for pregnant women and those considering their birthing options," Marshall said.
- PeaceHealth's Family Birth Center to close in August
- PeaceHealth closes urgent care clinic after workers get sick
- PeaceHealth reunites NICU nurses and families in 40th annual celebration
- PeaceHealth 'bounty hunters' track down bikes
- PeaceHealth sponsoring Eugene’s new bike share program
- PeaceHealth free heart screenings can help save a life
- Kids get to drive into surgery at Peacehealth
- Eugene police investigate after tires slashed on PeaceHealth bikes
- PeaceHealth bike network offering credits for free rides