CHESHIRE, Ore. -- A pedestrian is dead after a crash on Highway 36 near Cheshire Saturday night, Oregon State Police said.
Troopers responded to milepost 44 at about 11:30 p.m. Police said Leslie Sellars, 79, of Cheshire was driving a Ford Ranger pickup west on the highway when he hit a man who was in the lane of travel.
The pedestrian was taken to a local hospital, where he died from his injuries. Investigators are working to identify the man.
Sellars was not injured and is cooperating with the investigation.
Troopers were assisted by Lane Fire, the Oregon Department of Transportation and the Lane County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- Pedestrian dies after crash on Highway 36 near Cheshire
- 73-year-old Blachly man dies in crash on Highway 36
- Emerald Broadband brings fiber optics to Cheshire
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- Pedestrian dies in crash near Vida
- Pedestrian hit in Eugene crash dies
- Fire destroys lodge at Camp Lutherwood in Cheshire
- Pedestrian dies in crash on I-5 near Albany
- Vida man dies in fatal crash on Highway 126
- Depoe Bay woman dies in Highway 20 crash