EUGENE, Ore. -- A pedestrian is dead after being struck by a vehicle in the Santa Clara area Thursday night, the Lane County Sheriff's Office said.
Irene Ferguson, 70, of Eugene was pronounced dead on the scene.
The crash happened in the 200 block of Hunsaker Lane.
The Sheriff's Office said Ferguson was "likely in the roadway at the time of the crash," and weather and poor visibility were contributing factors.
There were no signs that the driver, Kelly Canaday, 25, of Eugene was impaired or speeding, the sheriff's office said. Canaday is being cooperative in the investigation and performed CPR on Ferguson following the collision.
No charges and citations have been filed, and the investigation is currently ongoing.
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- Thieves target mailboxes in Santa Clara
- Composting workshops coming up in Santa Clara
- City of Eugene purchases riverfront parkland in Santa Clara
- Proposed car camp in Santa Clara not happening
- LTD considers adding homeless camp to Santa Clara neighborhood
- Pedestrian dies in crash near Vida
- Pedestrian hit in Eugene crash dies
- Web Extra: Oregon St. recaps win over Santa Clara part 1 (12/9/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon St. recaps win over Santa Clara part 2 (12/9/18)