EUGENE, Ore. -- Police have identified the driver and pedestrian involved in the fatal crash at River Road and Kourt Drive Friday night in Eugene.
Bill Schmidt, 75, of Eugene died after being struck by a 2006 Jeep Wrangler driven by Jamie Louise Christopher, 54, of Eugene.
Police said the crash happened around 6:50 p.m.
River Road was closed in both directions following the crash. The Eugene Police Department, Lane County Sheriff and a coroner were on the scene for hours.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Pedestrian, driver identified in fatal River Road crash
- OSP identifies drivers, passenger in fatal Hwy. 99 crash
- Wrong way driver sentenced for fatal crash
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Fuel from fatal truck crash spills into North Santiam River
- OSP identifies drivers, bicyclist in crash north of Springfield
- Crash kills 1, shuts down River Road in Eugene
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- Oregon roads see a 13 percent increase in fatal crashes
- Drivers prepare for icy roads