EUGENE, Ore. -- Police have identified the driver and pedestrian involved in the fatal crash at River Road and Kourt Drive Friday night in Eugene.
Bill Schmidt, 75, of Eugene died after being struck by a 2006 Jeep Wrangler driven by Jamie Louise Christopher, 54, of Eugene.
Police said the crash happened around 6:50 p.m.
River Road was closed in both directions following the crash. The Eugene Police Department, Lane County Sheriff and a coroner were on the scene for hours.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Pedestrian, driver identified in fatal River Road crash
- Police identify driver, pedestrian in fatal Junction City crash
- Two pedestrians injured in Eugene crash identified
- Pedestrian killed in crash near Roseburg identified
- OSP identifies drivers, passenger in fatal Hwy. 99 crash
- Pedestrian identified in deadly crash near Cottage Grove
- Police identify drivers involved in Thursday crash
- Wrong way driver sentenced for fatal crash
- Car crashes into building on River Road
- Driver, pedestrian cited in crash on Pioneer Parkway and Centennial