EUGENE, Ore. -- One of the pedestrians hit by a pickup truck on Franklin Boulevard Monday night last week has died, police said.
McKaylah McClure, 20, was in critical condition following the crash near Walnut Street. She died on Dec. 27.
The other victim, Bastian Moffitt-Fash, 20, was sent to the hospital after the crash. Police said his injuries are minor.
Investigators said it happened at 6:50 p.m. when the pedestrians attempted to cross Franklin Boulevard against the light.
The truck was headed westbound and had the green light, police said.
For a time, the westbound lanes of the road were closed between Interstate 5 and Walnut Street.
Melinda McLaughlin said pedestrians and drivers need to be extra cautious this time of year because of the shorter days and busy roads.
"This time of year there's a lot of traffic, a lot of people trying to get places quickly and also with it being really dark outside," McLaughlin said. "It's the darkest time of the year and people just need to be aware of other people who might be around them."
- Pedestrian hit in Eugene crash dies
- Two pedestrians injured in Eugene crash identified
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- Pedestrian dies in crash near Vida
- Pedestrian hit by Lane Transit District bus in Eugene
- Pedestrian dies after being hit by vehicle in Millersburg
- Eugene looks into rise of pedestrian-involved crashes in Oregon
- Major Eugene intersection reopens after pedestrian-involved crash
- Pedestrian hit in crash, suffered life-threatening injuries
- 58-year-old pedestrian killed in hit-and-run crash