COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A pedestrian was hit and killed on Interstate 5 near Cottage Grove Friday night.
The crash happened around 5 p.m.
Oregon State Police said a witness saw a man jump out onto I-5. He was then hit by a semi headed southbound. The driver is cooperating with police.
Prior to the crash, authorities said calls were made about someone getting too close to traffic.
Police are working to notify the man's family.
Traffic is once again moving on I-5.
Stay with KEZI 9 News for updates.
- Pedestrian killed on I-5 near Cottage Grove
- One killed, another injured in I-5 wreck near Cottage Grove
- Grass fire shuts down I-5 in Cottage Grove
- Fires break out along I-5 near Creswell, Cottage Grove
- Driver hospitalized after rollover crash on I-5 near Cottage Grove
- Deputies shoot and kill Cottage Grove man
- Pedestrian identified in deadly crash near Cottage Grove
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located