EUGENE, Ore. -- A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle on eastbound Interstate 105 near the Country Club Road exit around 11:50 p.m. on Wednesday, police said.
The road had been reopened by about 4 a.m. after an investigation.
Police said a woman driving eastbound hit a pedestrian trying to cross the highway in the dark. She pulled over and called 911. The pedestrian died in the crash.
The driver is cooperating with the ongoing investigation, police said.
If you have information about the crash, call 541-682-5111.
- Pedestrian struck, killed by vehicle on I-105 eastbound
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Pedestrian hit by car on I-105 hospitalized with serious injuries
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield
- Driver arrested in five-vehicle crash that shut down I-105
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Son of woman killed in I-105 crash speaks out
- Burglary suspect killed in I-105 crash in Eugene
- I-105 traffic changes, lane closures start Monday
- I-105 construction causing major delays in Eugene