CRESWELL, Ore. – A hangar at Hobby Field airport in Creswell was damaged by a dust devil Monday afternoon, although it was initially reported as an explosion.
Shelley Humble, the manager of the airport, said two pilots coming in to land around 4:30 p.m. saw the debris and torn roofing from the hangar and thought the worst.
“There were two airplanes in the sky coming in to land at Creswell and one of them saw debris flying in the air,” Humble said. “So then they looked down and saw the hanger and saw the twisted metal and just assumed there was an explosion.”
Fire crews responded to the airport for a report of an explosion, but Humble said the owner of Eugene Skydivers at Hobby Field called to tell her it was just a dust devil.
Humble said damage was only done to the roofing and there is no structural damage to the building. No injuries were reported.
- Dust devil hits Creswell airport; building damaged
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Two-A-Days: Lowell Devils
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs
- Man hospitalized following Creswell shooting
- Two-A-Days: Creswell Bulldogs
- Creswell man arrested in stabbing
- Graffiti crime spikes in Creswell