PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Police say a man was arrested after officers performing a traffic stop in Southeast Portland discovered a woman's body in the stopped vehicle.
Portland Police Bureau Sgt. Christopher Burley says officers stopped the vehicle Monday and saw a dead person inside.
He says 58-year-old Timothy Mackley was arrested on suspicion of murder and booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center.
Burley said Tuesday afternoon that the Oregon State Medical Examiner determined that the woman died of homicidal violence. The medical examiner hasn't yet been able to positively identify the woman.
It wasn't immediately known if Mackley had obtained a lawyer.
- Police arrest driver after finding dead woman in car in Portland
- Portland police make arrest in fatal shooting
- Driver hits and runs over a Northeast Portland woman
- Police ID woman accused of firing at Portland officer
- Police oversight agency looks into Portland arrests of homeless
- Portland murder suspect arrested in Eugene
- Man arrested after two carjackings in Portland
- Board revokes former Portland chief's police certification
- Police investigating possible bias crime in Portland