EUGENE, Ore. -- Neighbors in west Eugene reported a loud explosion Wednesday night.
A Eugene police officer that was on the scene said it appears that a small bomb detonated in a parking lot off of Quest Drive.
Police they couldn't find any shrapnel but think it was a homemade bomb or perhaps an M-80 type firework.
No injuries were reported, and no suspect was identified.
Police said a similar incident happened around this time last year near Mangan City Park.
- Police: small explosion in west Eugene
- Six Eugene apartments called unsafe after explosion
- Small bike shops raise concerns about Eugene bike share program
- Eugene Christian School is closed today after a small fire.
- Small brush fire sparks near homes in Eugene
- Eugene Police preparing for Eugene Marathon
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday
- Boy hit by car in west Eugene
- Camping stove blamed for apartment explosion in Eugene
- Police investigate homicide in Eugene