MADRAS, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say police shot and wounded an occupant of a car reported stolen in Central Oregon.
The shooting in Madras followed a high-speed chase on Highway 97 that ended in a crash late Thursday.
The Jefferson County District Attorney's Office says the injured person was taken to a Bend hospital. No officers were hurt.
The investigation remained active Friday.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Police chase in Central Oregon ends in shooting; 1 hurt
- Central Oregon crash kills three
- Central Oregon food pantry closing
- Man justified in fatal shooting outside his Central Oregon home
- Wild chase ends in kidnapping arrest
- Camel found wandering in central Oregon
- Car chase ends in river; backpack prompts explosion concern
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Wyoming man drowns in Oregon canoe accident; daughter hurt
- Oregon officer hurt after DUII suspect hits patrol car