EUGENE, ORE - Police say they arrested a 36-year-old man after he ran from officers following a hit and run accident.
Police responded to an accident on the 1600 block on Cal Young Road when the suspect, Richard Dean Bennett, got out of the vehicle and ran off.
Officers chased Bennett into a backyard of a residential home. He was arrested for a DUII, possession of heroin, a hit and run, eluding officers by foot, reckless driving and an outstanding warrant. Bennett was also cited for driving while suspended and for driving uninsured.
Bennett was taken to the Lane County Jail.
- Police: drunk man arrested after running from officers
- Tigard police officer critically injured in crash involving drunk driver
- Man arrested for drunk driving after Lebanon crash
- Drunk driver plows through fence
- Police tase and arrest man
- Controversial OSU student runs for student office after arrest
- Man arrested for allegedly driving drunk and crashing into Lebanon house
- Police: Drunk driver involved in late-night crash
- Man killed by Portland police officer
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged in January I-105 hit and run