CORVALLIS, Ore. -- A package containing dried green marijuana buds hidden in two bags of chocolate candies was found at a FedEx facility in Corvallis, and the sender has been cited.
Investigators said they identified the sender as Thomas Taylor of Albany. He has been issued a citation for unlawful import-export of marijuana items.
According to the investigation, the package was intercepted and opened by employees at the facility on Feb. 4.
Investigators found that it contained 45 grams of marijuana, along with dryer sheets as an attempt to hide the smell. They said the package was originally sent from Albany, destined for the state of Tennessee.
- Police find a disguised marijuana package in Corvallis
- Bait packages lead to three arrests in Corvallis
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Corvallis Police Department receives CALEA accreditation
- Corvallis police searching for suspected ATM thief
- Corvallis daytime drop-in center finds temporary home
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Blitzing the Preseason: Corvallis Spartans
- Corvallis expands bait bike program