SWEET HOME, Ore. - Police said a pedestrian was taken to the hospital after being hit by a car Friday evening on 22nd Avenue and Main Street.
Police said the crash happened around 7:50 p.m.
They said the pedestrian, who was believed to be on the crosswalk at the time of the crash, was taken to Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital.
Police said the driver of the vehicle was a 77-year-old man and he was found dead nearby with a possible self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head.
The names of the driver and the pedestrian have not been released. Police said the crash is still under investigation.
Additionally, officials said roads in the area have reopened.
- Police investigate crash in Sweet Home
- Motorcyclist killed in crash near Sweet Home
- Sweet Home Police make identity theft arrest
- Cougar killed in Sweet Home
- Driver dead after Highway 20 crash near Sweet Home
- At least one dead after Sweet Home crash
- Police warn of cougar sightings in Sweet Home
- Police chase leads to armed standoff in Sweet Home
- Sweet Home police arrest teen in connection with school threat
- OSP trooper honored in Sweet Home