BEND, Ore. (AP) -- Police say an investigation is continuing in the death of a 4-month-old girl at Madras Speedway near Bend.
The Bulletin reports the Jefferson County District Attorney confirmed Dawsyn Rose Rhett died at a Portland hospital Sunday, a day after being flown there from Madras.
District Attorney Steve LeRiche says the baby sustained fatal injuries when she was struck by a vehicle that was not racing.
She was at Saturday Night Races with her parents, Tyler and Kyrsten Rhett, as well as her grandparents.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office submitted a report Monday on the incident to LeRiche, who will decide whether to press charges.
Tyler Rhett told The Bulletin he did not want to comment.
Representatives of the Madras Speedway didn't return calls seeking comment.
- Police investigating death of 4-month-old girl at Madras Speedway
- Board: Poor judgment caused air show crash in Madras
- Madras boys charged in fire that destroyed 4 mobile homes
- Authorities: Tossed cigarette caused recent fire near Madras
- Mom sues Madras McDonald's for teen's alleged burns from hot water
- Police investigating Coos County inmate's death
- Springfield police investigate foster child's death
- Police investigating death in Eugene neighborhood
- Springfield police investigating death of 13-year-old
- Deputies investigate death in Glendale