WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ore. -- Police are investigating a head-on crash that killed three people Thursday night and left two others critically injured on Highway 26 in Washington County.
State troopers said speed was a contributing factor in the two-vehicle crash near milepost 42.
Investigators determined a gray Kia was traveling eastbound on the highway when it crossed the center line for an unknown reason. It collided head on into a red Lexus that was traveling westbound.
The driver of the Kia died.
The Lexus was carrying four people and the driver and one passenger were killed. The other two passengers were air lifted to a Portland hospital.
- Police investigating fatal crash on Highway 26 in Washington County
- Police investigating fatal accident
- Police investigate fatal crash in Springfield
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- UPDATE: Highway 99W open following fatal crash
- UPDATE: Highway 101 reopens after fatal crash in Coos County
- Officials investigating fatal car crash in Springfield
- Fatal crash shuts down Washington Street in Eugene
- Crews respond to two fatal crashes on Highway 99
- Highway 99W near Monmouth reopened after fatal crash